Sunday, February 27, 2005

Oh Monday Morning, you DID give me a warning...

OK, so it has been a few days since I have posted on Ward Churchill. I am going through withdrawal. Gotta have my fix, though I got turned off by reading about his triumphal visit last week to the University of Hawaii, but this link and this one, courtesy of Nick Burbules, point to new developments.

Here's a snippet to whet your perhaps dormant thirst for more Churchilliana....

Margaret LeCompte, an education professor, said, "It is going to be extremely difficult, if academic freedom is on the block, for us to hire and keep good faculty members." LeCompte and the other teachers who signed the ad paid $1,600 to have it published.

"We're all thinking twice about what we're saying," LeCompte said, recalling the climate in the McCarthy era when professors were fired for alleged communist ties.