Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mulling the Santa Cruz Chancellor's End

It is hard to piece together the complex set of situations that seems to have led to the apparent suicide of UC Santa Cruz's chancellor, Denice Dee Denton. I first read of this in my local Sunday paper this morning: A university chancellor jumping to her death from a tall San Francisco building on Saturday morning. Jarring, to say the least. I had to know more.

I have spent a bit of time today, in between working on my reverence and listening chapter, reading various items. Last I checked official pages on her were still on the UCSC website. I have a Google News Alert set up for stories, but even better, Margaret Soltan at University Diaries has been gleaning informative perspectives from the blogosphere, and I suggest you go there and read them. And let me know what you think.
Update: Fine article from Inside Higher Ed.