Saturday, September 24, 2005

How does my tush look?

Via Nick Burbules, a link and another link to stories in the Chicago Tribune about rating professors online.

Someday soon, I plan to blog a bit about central and marginal issues in what Patti Lather referred to as a "global audit culture." This may include such items, but also stretches from NCLB to the mania about surveys, such that my furnace company calls me at home to have me rate their service visit, lengthy e-mail surveys arrive from a hotel chain where we stayed for two nights, a well known publisher wants me to rate my current assigned texts, and numerous surveys from graduate students and others, purporting to find something or other out about some subgroup or another.

Oh, and let's not forget the reputational rankings of colleges and universities by US News and World Report ...maybe more than one blog entry will be needed!